Slimbox2 Slideshow has been updated to automatically at the rel=’lightbox’ tags to WordPress Gallerys.
Download it from the WordPress Plugin Directory
Remember to enable “Link thumbnails to: Image File” on the WordPress Gallery settings page, and
to enable “Automatic Gallery Image Link Tagging” on the Slimbox2 Slideshow Options page.
Slimbox2 Slideshow is a WordPress plugin that implements a lightbox style affect to images using Slimbox2.
The main advantage of Slimbox2 Slideshow plugin is being able to show a slide show of ALL images in every single post.
Click here to see it in action (notice the slide count).
- automatically add rel=lightbox’ tags to images.
- automatically re-size images to fit in browser window.
- based on jQuery library, no need for additional libraries such as script.aculo.us or Prototype.
Slide show of all blog images (click me) – notice the slide count.
Standard images, showing grouping.
Image Map – yes it works
- Upload folder ‘thydzik-slimbox2-slideshow’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Under ‘Plugins’ > ‘Slimbox2 Slideshow’, you will find the ‘Slimbox2 Slideshow Options’ page. Next section will explain the options.
The following configuration settings are available with meaning;
- Automatic Image Link Tagging – automatically add the HTML to image links to show images in a lightbox. Leave it at default ticked.
- Automatic Resize – automatically resize images in the lightbox to fit the browser window. Large images will be shrunk and small images will be expanded.
- Image Scaling Factor – used to determine how much of the browser window an image will be automatically resized to. The default value of 0.75 means the image will be scaled to 75% of the browser window. This value does not take into account border and caption.
- Enable Slimbox on Image Maps – enable lightbox affect to be enabled for Image Maps.
- Enable Slideshow on All – when ticked, all images and Image Maps will start in slideshow.
- Slide Time – the seconds between images during a slideshow.
Slide show of all blog images
Simply create a link with url “#slide” or just “#s”. For images to appear in the slideshow, they must have a title attribute.
Why was Slimbox2 Slideshow created?
My wife and I were in a situation wanting to show our photos to our friends, we had Lightbox but every photo needed to be ‘Next’ manually and that would only show photos in a single post. Slimbox2 Slideshow allows for one-click to start a slideshow of all your photos and sit back and enjoy.
Navigate to sonyaandtravis.com/#slideshow to see it in action.
Download Slimbox2 Slideshow from the WordPress Repository here
I recently moved from Lightbox 2 to Slimbox2, whilst it is a little outdated, Slimbox2 offers many advantages;
- jQuery language – no need for Prototype/Scriptaculous
- page doesn’t need to be loaded completely before being run
- has its own API
Unfortunately, it is missing automatic image resizing, which I love.
With the help of Example 9 on Neil’s Slimbox Examples, I have managed to hack together this feature which I am happy about.
Modified Slimbox2 with auto resize CSS
Example in the below Image Map;