I recently purchased a CECT T689 for its dual SIM capability. The first problem was due to being a Chinese phone, the default language was Chinese. It was by luck that I found the English language setting.
Here is how to set the CECT T689 to English language:
- Click on the circular button which will get you to the main phone menu, you will see some Windows style icons
- Click the down arrow till you get to the last menu (as seen in the following picture). This is the ‘System’ menu, click the first icon which looks like a calculator, this is the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Once in the settings menu, click on the second option, this is ‘Phone Setup’
- In the phone setup menu click on the third menu option, this is ‘Language’
- You will now be in the language menu and can see the ‘English’ option, in English.